The EWS-PRO-2 comes in a rugged self-contained case, it has the electronic sophistication to detect lightning strikes over 40 miles away, and to accurately track a storm's approach with both its audible horn and large LED visual alerts.
The LED alerts are in four ranges, providing vital information when the storm is moving towards, away or parallel to your position. The audible horn is set by the user to any strike range to make storm tracking easier. Not only does the EWS-PRO-2 allow for an informed decision on when to evacuate an area, but it also indicated when it's safe to resume your outdoor activities.
- Accurate digital microprocessor with patented dual antenna receiving system
- Built-in 12 volt rechargeable power source, operating for 7+ days on a single charge
- Loud 105db alert horn, with adjustable range setting
- Rugged weather-resistant case
- Low battery indicator
- Severe thunderstom alert that warns of large storm cell approaching
- False signal filtering feature to warn against any possible location interference
- Accurate identification software that eliminates alerts to harmless cloud-to-cloud lightning activity
- Ability to detect the presence of lightning / thunderstorm activity occurring within 40 miles of your location.
- Detects the characteristic electromagnetic emissions from individual lightning strokes and uses patented technology to determine the distance to the detected stroke.
- The distances are indicated in four ranges: 0-3 miles; 3-8 miles; 8-20 miles; and 20-40 miles.
Data Sheet – EWS-PRO-2 Professional Portable Lightning Detector